Monday, July 16, 2007

Deadline- July 26th!

Dear friends and family,

As you may remember, I'm training for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco with Team in Training (TNT.) We all want to find a cure for blood-related cancers so we're raising money for that cause. My personal goal is to raise $4000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I'm hoping to meet the half-way point by July 26th. That's less than 2 weeks away! WILL YOU HELP ME? Will you make a donation today? Will you forward this email to your friends, family & co-workers?

As I've learned, you never know who may want an opportunity to participate in the fight against cancer. I received a couple donations from people I didn't even know, simply because their favorite artist posted a MySpace bulletin and blog that included my website and marathon info. One of those people had recently lost a friend to Leukemia and was grateful to have a chance to honor her and help others affected by the same disease. It takes just a moment to do but the effects are long lasting. Please, take a moment to pass along this email.

My TNT fundraising website is:
website no longer active

Many of you have already made contributions on my behalf and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, once again. I am deeply touched by your generosity and support. Together, we have raised $1,100 so far! On behalf of The Society and the families they touch, a heartfelt thank you. I've been updating my TNT website with weekly entries regarding the week's training. If you're interested, please, feel free to stop by to see both my training and fundraising progress.

My first deadline is quickly approaching. Please, consider how you may help in reaching this first goal marker of $2000. Remember, every little bit helps!

With sincere thanks,
Amy


P.S. In case, you're willing to post a MySpace bulletin, blog post or email notice, here's content/copy you may want to use. Of course, you don't have to use it but I know you're busy people!

Subject: Support A Good Cause
Body: My friend, Amy, is training for the Nike Women's Marathon in order to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Leukemia is the 1 disease killer of children but it strikes 10 times as many adults. Unfortunately, cancer has touched many of our lives which is why I'm asking you to consider joining in this fight. Please, visit Amy's website to make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on her behalf.

No comments: