Saturday, August 25, 2007

Is it really Saturday?

I know, you're expecting an update on today's team run. Well, I'm at work...alone (although, that's quite another story) so I wasn't able to join the team for the weekly run. In fact, I'll be missing 2 weeks in a row since I'll be out of town next weekend. (I'm helping my sister move to LA; it's gonna be great!) In the meantime, I'm working a 10 day week and hoping I can find the energy and drive to complete all my training in the midst of this insanity. This means I MUST complete today's 8 miles on a treadmill when I get home from work. And I gotta tell ya, after the morning I've had, that does not sound at all enticing. Anybody have any motivating tidbits to offer?

By the way, you may have noticed that I never document my times for these run/walk distances. And I never will. So for those waiting to find out how long it takes me to complete 26.2 miles, I'm sorry to disappoint you. My goal is simply to complete the mileage in the allotted time...whick is approx. 7.5 hours with the early start. I'm not a runner. Maybe someday I will be a runner but for now, I'm a person putting one foot in front of the other, sometimes a bit faster, somtimes a bit slower.

No comments: