Saturday, August 4, 2007

survival of the fittest

Before my head hits the nearest pillow for a recovery nap, I thought I'd let you all know that I survived 16 miles today! I feel surprisingly good but talk to me tomorrow when walking might be an impossibility and we'll see if that statement still holds true. The first 10 miles felt good, miles 11-13 sucked and the last 3 miles got better the closer we got to the finish. Miles 11-13 were so difficult because it was a very humid 90 degrees and we were in direct sunlight. It was rough but we did it and we didn't even get lost!

I couldn't have done it without Jen & Theresa- thanks, ladies, you're fabulous! Another huge thank you goes to our coach, Doug, who graciously checked in with us throughout the course and provided much needed encouragement.

Well, my alarm sounded at 3am and again at 4:45am so I'm off to Never Never Land. Goodnight, all.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You're Awesome....

amy said...

aw, you're the best!