Saturday, September 8, 2007

And We're Back

After 2 weeks of missing team runs, I headed out at 5:30 this morning to join my team in the 8 mile run/walk. As nice as it was to be on vacation, it felt good to be back out on the trails and into a good training routine again. I missed a 20 mile run last weekend which was making me feel very behind. But I have one more long one (22 miles) before the mileage decreases and we approach marathon day so I'm trying to focus and hope that I'll be ready.

These trail runs have been a lesson in nature. I think I mentioned the roosters that accompanied my run in Houghton and the deer that came to visit during a challenging hill training course. Well, today we met a beaver swimming down the creek and later a blue heron chilling out in the middle of the same creek. I love that. We also witnessed a grown man running in a blue one-piece speedo. (It looked like a women's one piece bathing suit but on a man.) There was nothing natural about that!

I bought some socks and new running shoes after training today. Why is it so hard to decide which running shoes will be best? I'm going to try these on the treadmill this week and see what I think but it was harder than I expected. I wanted to put my foot in a shoe and say "these feel great!" No such luck. Hopefully, these will work anyway. After all, they have to take me across the finish line in just 6 weeks! Yikes.

Thank you to these lovely people who have recently made donations:

Don & Lori Chaffer
Kathy & Tom Tehee
Lisa Zeshonski


I'm off to take a nap and then party the night away at Mary's wedding. :) Congratulations, Mary & Jarod!

No comments: