Friday, September 28, 2007

Life Is Beautiful

I saw Roberto Benigni's movie for the first time last weekend and I cried. Incidentally, this is becoming a more frequent part of my movie watching experience. While I didn't cry when I came across this story, it still resonated with me. If you know me, you know that I love NYC. I don't know what it is about certain places that produce that spontaneous internal response. Last weekend, it was Life Is Beautiful, today, it was Raul's story and yesterday, it was pictures of Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia. My heart ached when I saw that familiar park. In part, it's about a sense of belonging. Guido, Dora, and Giosue belonged together. Philly was the first city I connected with as an adult. And everyone belongs in NYC, it is a true melting pot.

Anyway, if you have any affinity for NYC, I think you would appreciate this account of one person's random Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks so much for that link. That blog is full of beautiful writing... the kind that makes you laugh through tears. I've been spending hours in the archives. :)

amy said...

Thanks for your comment, Tina. I agree, his blog is full of beauty. Glad you're enjoying it. Cheers.