Sunday, October 7, 2007

2 Weeks From Now...

I will be a marathon finisher! I'll be honest, I can't wait to make that declaration! I'm really looking forward to the weekend: the experience of walking/running alongside 15,000 other people, many of whom are there to support the same cause, hearing the total amount of money raised for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, seeing my mom, dad & sister at the finish line, getting to know San Francisco. I've even excited about all the emotions (& pain) that I'll feel throughout the event. I have an idea of what I'll be feeling at each stage but you never really now until you're in that moment. It's all part of the great adventure.

I have just 2 days until all the money is to be raised and turned into the office. I have amazingly generously people in my life. This generosity has been displayed in many ways, one of which has been financial. Fundraising is pretty new to me, I usually shy away from asking people for money, especially this much money. This was an opportunity to challenge myself for an organization that I knew helped many. I've learned a lot and I'm grateful for the overwhelming response from my family and friends. At this moment, we've raised $3,354! I can't thank you enough.

I have people to thank that I don't even know. The last 2 weekends, I've gone out with teammates to boot block, meaning that I stood at a well-traveled intersection with a sign, wearing my TNT t-shirt, and asking passersby for donations. It's actually pretty fun. People are glad to give a dollar to help find a cure for cancer, someone even gave me a $10 bill yesterday! Admittedly, it's also funny to see how hard some people try to avoid making eye contact with you. :) I still have about $450 to raise in order to reach my minimum committment so perhaps I'll be at an intersection near you!

To my ever growing list of people to thank, today I add:

Dre Baly
Debbie Schnitzer
Melissa, Luke & Andrea W.

The next 2 weeks will be focused on final preparations. I look forward to my workouts and taking advantage of these last strength building opportunities. And I look forward to the final fundraising steps, as well. Thank you for reading my ramblings. Your support and participation in my life are priceless.

No comments: