Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Pressure's On!

As you know, in less than 3 weeks, I'm participating in my first marathon with a goal to raise $4000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Well, I just found out that my FUNDRAISING DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 8TH, just 1 week away! Somehow, I missed this detail and thought I still had a few weeks. Some of you have mentioned that you plan to make a donation, well, now's the time.

Throughout this 4 month journey, I've had the pleasure of meeting people who have battled and won their fight against blood related cancers, some who are in the midst of their fight, and others who have lost loved ones to leukemia or lymphoma. On Saturday, one TNT alumnus told a story about the finish of her first marathon. When she crossed the finish line, a small boy stood quietly holding a sign that read, "you did this for me." That's what it's all about. Also on Saturday, a young girl, about 4 years old, came with her parents to encourage and support us in our training. She has leukemia and I imagine, they wanted us to know who we were helping. They didn't say a word. Their presence was enough.

Your contributions are helping these children as well as many adults. I'm hoping to raise the final 20% this week. Will you help? There is no donation too small, every dollar counts. Please, consider making a donation today and feel free to pass along my fundraising website to your friends and family. Website no longer active.

Thank you to all who have partnered with me and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. New additions to this list of generous partners are:

Jeff & Amy Turner
Greg Bish

THANK YOU!

No comments: