Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Week...Or Maybe Next

I've had much to think about lately but I won't bore you with all the details, at least not right now. But I will ask you a question. What motivates you to workout? Apparently, I need the fear of a marathon to get me to the gym. While this isn't exactly breaking news, it is an incredibly frustrating reality.

This was supposed to be The Week. The Week I return to a regular workout routine, although, not as rigorous as my marathon training routine. I gave myself a nice two weeks to enjoy some rest, food, and all the extra time that suddenly appeared in each day. But I thought that was enough and I was looking forward to exercising and feeling good again. However, after the cold and dark walk home from work, I've yet to make it out of my apartment and down the block to the workout room. (That's right, it's only a block away!)

I would love to be one of those people that just loooooooooves to _______ (fill in the blank with any form of exercise) but I'm not. I know and even feel all the benefits that one receives as a result of regular exercise and I value those things. So, why haven't I had a single workout this week? Do I really have to sign up for marathon after marathon just to live healthily?

1 comment:

Heidi K said...

Hi Amy--maybe that's why I should sign up for a marathon. Because nothing else is motivating enough for me to work out! I was pretty good about taking the jogging stroller (with Logan in it!) out this summer, and Keith and I had a nifty plan for when I would continue exercising once school started, and it only happened once. In 2 1/2 months. So, I understand . . .