Monday, March 31, 2008

A Baker's Dozen


I've not made many muffins in my lifetime but when I have, I've mostly been underwhelmed with the result. So when it became my job to bring the muffins to my family's Easter brunch, I was on a mission to find a muffin recipe that would change my luck. Sure, I could have purchased them at a bakery but what fun would that be? I ended up making three different types and I thought I'd pass along the two that won the best-muffins-i've-ever-made award.

The first is for these Raspberry-Topped Lemon Muffins that I found at SmittenKitchen.com, a website I really enjoy. The picture above is of the mini-muffins but I made the full-four-raspberry-sized muffins. Be careful of the cooking time, it suggests 35 min. but mine took less, maybe 27 min. These were my favorite, tasty and lovely!

The second recipe is the To Die For Blueberry Muffin recipe I located at AllRecipes.com. The only adjustments I made were to substitute buttermilk for milk since I was already using it in the other muffins and while I made two batches of batter, I only made one batch of the crumb topping and that worked well. Everyone loves blueberry muffins but it's hard to find a recipe that lives up to what you might find in your favorite coffee shop. This is as close as it gets, at least for me!

Happy baking!

No comments: