Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Support A Good Cause





Last week, I sent out my first email to family and friends, letting them know that I'm partnering with Team In Training again this year in order to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'm also posting it here in case you would like to join me in this effort. Thanks, everyone!

******
Dear Family and Friends,

Last year, I had the distinct privilege of training for and participating in the Nike Women's Marathon with Team In Training (TNT). The event is a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and thanks to many of you, it was a great success. It was such a moving experience that I've decided to do it again! And this time I'm taking along at least 7 college friends, my sister-in-law and my mom! Our training has begun and I'm asking for your support, perhaps for the second time.

This year's training is a bit different since I'm doing it along side so many people that I love. Kristin, a college friend of 15 years, is one of them and while this is her first endurance event, this is not her first encounter with the LLS. In 2000, her husband, Gideon, was diagnosed with Acute Promylocetic Leukemia and thanks to the research that has been done thus far, he is cancer-free today! Gideon and Kristin have three beautiful children and we are all grateful for the success of Gideon's treatment. We want more people to have the same opportunity at life. That's why we're running.

All of us with TNT are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, myeloma from taking more lives. I'm completing this event in honor of my friend Gideon and all those battling blood cancers and in memory of all those who lost their lives to the disease. These people are the real heros on our team and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line--a cure!

I am incredibly grateful for all the support I received last year. And I appreciate that many of you support deserving charities throughout the year. If you can consider this one, I'd like to ask that you please make a tax-deductible donation to the LLS on my behalf. Donations can be made at my website or if you would prefer to make a donation by check, feel free to contact me for instructions.

I hope you'll stop by my website often to check on my progress, visit the blog my college friends and I have set up to document our experiences, http://nikejournal.blogspot.com and even forward this email along to others that might be interested in partnering with a worthy cause. We welcome all support!

On behalf of the LLS and the lives they touch, thank you.

Amy

**********
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: